Becoming Like Jesus for Kids: Training Children in EQ
who's Also on the Children's ministry staff
He says "Peeth-thul" which made it that much cuter. But this exercise was a great one. Excited for what next week holds. And excited to add this to our board behind our dining table--hopefully a new conversation tradition while we gather for meals.
About the course:
14 Short Videos
50 Pages of Handouts
1 Free Live Session with the Instructor, Sue Hurst
General research shows:
Higher EQ improves
- Health: lower risk of chronic illness
- Day to day health with fewer colds & illnesses
- Life span: increased about 10 years
- Relationships & networks are more satisfying
Research in Schools:
Higher EQ improves
- Achievement test scores - 11%
- Improved outlook about self, others, & school
- Academic retention & accelerates learning
- Avoidance of risk behavior
- Conduct problems
- Emotional distress
- Aggressive behavior
Frequently asked questions
1. Is this course only for children?
2. Why do you say it's faith-based?
3. I don't have a lot of time. Am I expected to watch long videos?
4. Am I expected to keep to a schedule?
However, if you're taking the course as a self-study, you are free to make your own schedule and take a slower pace if you desire.
5. What if my child is younger or older than your age range?
Additionally, some of the activities are for you, the adult. You'll be a better teacher of EQ, a better parent, if you strengthen your own skills in emotional intelligence.
As a coach, I’ve been privileged to work with amazing
people: ministry leaders, educators, entrepreneurs, creatives, and other
Before coaching, I was in ministry; before ministry, I owned a destination gift store. In each case, my goal has been to serve.
Coaching and courses are tools to bring my clients clarity to see their strengths, to release their blind spots. That brings joy and freedom.